Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dancing and mice?

I completely forgot something I wanted to write about in the last blog. Probably because I didn't have any pictures, although I should have taken some!!

Since Harlan probably wouldn't ever tell, I need to let you know that Harlan's been dancing. Yes, and it wasn't even with me! I guess anyone's capable of a little dancing if they think a mouse might try to climb their pant leg! :)

Lilian, Harlan, and I had a little encounter with a mouse in our living room the other night. I think Lilian had the most fun watching me standing on the sofa (because I was barefoot :) and Harlan dancing with the mouse. She was laughing so hard she could barely stand. Eventually the mouse was successfully hunted, although I (yes, me!) had to take care of its cousin this morning!

For now, we just need to worry about the rats under the house!!

5 comments:

Amos said...

I don't care where you are.. that there is funny..

Unknown said...

Oh, wow, Janelle, that brought back a memory from when I was 9 years old. We had gone to a cabin and in the middle of the night a mouse ran up my Mom's leg!! The next day the mattresses were laid out on the grass and beat on!! We then understood why my Dad came out in the dark when we first arrived and insisted on the sheets for the beds!!!

Thanks for your blog site! Have a good day!
Love, Kathy Buch

Jodi Burkepile said...

I had a similar experience when I was in Haiti the first time. It was late at night and Jill and I found a mouse in our room. It ran behind a pile of stuff in the corner and I grabbed a rolled up poster that was in the pile so I could poke around and somehow that mouse was on the poster and started running straight towards me.. Needless to say there was some screaming and jumping on beds as well...

Crystal said...

Yeah! Dancing is so much fun, especially when you've got some critters to dance with! You need to make arrangements (or maybe I should contact Lilian to make the arrangements) for someone to be ready with a video camera, and someone else chase out the rats from in under your house- then you could upload video of you and Harlan dancing your hearts out! :-)

Andrea said...

yeah Janelle- next time you have a mouse in the house and Harlan dancin with it..let me know and I'll run up the long hill to watch. :-)