Monday, January 13, 2014

love

Does someone else's sins take away my salvation? Does someone else's sins even threaten my salvation?

I am saved because I accepted Christ's sacrifice for my sake, for my sins.
You are saved because you accepted Christ's sacrifice for your sake, for your sins.

Your choices or sins, even the ones you don't acknowledge as sins, cannot take my salvation from me.
My choices or sins, even the ones I don't acknowledge as sins, cannot take your salvation from you.

I am first commanded to love the Lord my God with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind. Then I am commanded to love my neighbor as myself. (Matthew 22:37-39)

If I cannot love my neighbor as myself because I do not love myself then I need to immerse myself in the Lord my God, my Creator in order to see myself as he sees me. If  I do not choose to love that person whose behavior or lifestyle offends me or goes against God's commandments, love them as myself, then I am not worthy to do anything about it. I cannot even confront them about their sins or talk to others about it. If I am unable to love them, I must go to God for help with the "log" in my eye.

God, show me how to love you with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind.

God, show me how to love myself as you love me, so that I can love my neighbor, my brother, my sister as you love them.

God, help me first to love so that I am worthy to be used by you to show others your Light, your Word, your Life.

Oh God, use this weak and broken vessel, that is only made whole by your forgiveness, grace and love, to show others love, forgiveness and grace.

No comments: